Blah. It’s true. I am under the weather, so I’m not sure how much updating I will be doing here this week, but I do I have a lot to write about when I am better. Stupid kidney/bladder infection. I just wanted to check in with you guys to know that I haven’t forgotten about you. I’m still knitting and doing crafty things, in between getting myself healthy. In the meantime, why not leave me a comment as to what you are working on right now? It’s October, it’s getting cool, and the itch to wear knitted things is getting strong. I want to know what’s on your needles or hooks!
October is one of my favorite times of year. Well, mostly because my birthday is in the month, but it’s when fall really kicks into gear without being too cold and quite pretty with the foliage. It’s a great time to get crafting, and here are some ideas that I have come across, along with some ideas of my own.
- Go beyond the traditional jack o’ lantern. Get a kit and carve that pumpkin in a creative fashion. Make a picture or go for a 3-D look!
- Check out this Squidoo lens about Halloween knitting crafts. I got some great ideas from here!
- Join in on Socktoberfest on Ravelry. Even though I’m just doing tube socks right now, I still am going to join in on the fun.
- Get some black and orange beaded jewelry and see what lovely Halloween glam you can come up. I have my beads ready to go!
- Get your own Halloween costume together. Sewers, this is a great time to show off your talents. Fabric.com has some ideas to get your creative juices flowing.
- Start your Christmas crafting. I know, it’s only October, but the holidays will be here before you know it.
- Bake something!
- Gather some fall leaves and use them in a creative manner, such as putting them under plastic for a decoration.
- Make your own Halloween candy to give to the kiddies and your neighbors.
- Create a big birthday present for me. (Just kidding!)