I am so happy to live in in an area where we have fresh produce in abundance, and that I have access to a wonderful place such as Lancaster Central Market to get this haul from.
Since it’s Friday, and Central Market is open on Tuesdays, Fridays, and Saturdays, Sam and I went to get some fresh veggies for our upcoming meals. We got a lot of good stuff.
- Golden beets. We’ll eat the tops, too!
- Rhubarb. I foresee rhubarb sauce in the future!
- Scallions. They will go well with the lamb dish we’re having tonight.
- Peeled garlic. Some for tonight, more for later.
- Shallots. One for now, one for another meal. Sweet and tasty!
- Fresh turmeric. It will be great for tonight’s Indian-themed meal.
- Rainbow chard. I love rainbow chard! It will be a lovely addition to a meal later in the weekend.
- White button mushrooms. Again, for tonight’s dinner, and a wonderful Pennsylvania product, to boot!
I’ve got some cooking to do.
Really, Lancaster Central Market is a national treasure. Literally! It’s the oldest farmers’ market in the country! How cool is that I walk to this place from work and get all this great produce?!
I know, I’m excited over vegetables. I’m over the moon with what I got.