Tomorrow is the last day of 2012. Last year on December 30, 2011 I wrote an entry about my crafting goals for 2012. How did I do? Let’s take a look.
- Learn to do cables. Yup!
- Learn to use a Turkish drop spindle. I did!
- Learn to read a chart, a knitting chart, that is. I didn’t learn lace charts, but I can do color charts for intarsia and Fair Isle now.
- Try my hand at more complex pattern writing. I only did one, and I think I did ok.
- Learn to turn heals on a sock. I’ve done a few pairs now. Here’s one example.
- Knit more sweaters. Hey, remember Bob, as one example?
- Learn to sew! Nope. Really didn’t do much on this one.
- Take a class to learn a new technique, like Magic Loop. I think I managed that with learning Fair Isle and intarsia. I will learn Magic Loop soon, though. The only class I took last year was the Wingspan class, I believe.
- Revisit learning how to crochet. Oh, yeah.
- Get a Knook kit and see how it works. Didn’t do this, either. The Knook was more of a passing interest, I guess.
I don’t think I did that bad, as goal-meeting goes!
I want to wish you all a happy and healthy 2013. Happy New Year! Time to go and think up some new goals now.