I know, I know, I’ve been all about creative reuse lately, but I’m really excited about it! As one reader pointed out, I forgot to post what I got at both stores! So, in one big combined photo, here’s what I bought.
Besides a whole lot of yarn, here are some other fun treasures:
- Two older pattern folders, one for sweaters and one for dishcloths, hence all the cotton yarn.
- A pair of US 10.5 Susan Bates needles, a good brand and one of my favorite needle sizes.
- Note cards from a recently deceased local artist. Artwork was by her, not sent from.
- Copper leaf for a decoupage project I’m starting.
- A teeny tiny sock kit. I wanted it mostly for the pattern.
- A 2008 Knitting Pattern A Day calendar that is going to be scanned, databased, and given to the next person for their use.
I have found some awesome yarn in similar places, and Art of Recycle and Lancaster Creative Reuse were no exception. What are you able to find in your local thrift and creative reuse stores? I’d love to know what you have found.